Thursday, December 8, 2011

Hey y'all, Mo here!

Weather conditions: A frosty twenty-five degrees on this lovely Colorado night
Coffee Drink: Medium soy latte with a small dash of vanilla, nutmeg, and chocolate powder.
Read of the night: The Guest by Albert Camus
A note to coffee chatterboxes: Be careful what you talk about in coffee shops. The acoustics generally allow conversations to bellow near others' tables. I am hearing things about these girls that no one should have to know. It's a Jersey Shore episode here at the coffee shop. Snookie and Sammie Q are discussing their relationship pasts (I apologize if I butchered their names; I just cannot grasp their characters...though maybe I weeded out the Jersey Shore lovers from my blog right off the bat).

Here's a little bit about me :) I'm a new blogger. In the past I've tried a few other sites but they started to become picture blogs. Call me old fashioned, but I prefer a thousand words to one picture.

My name is Morgan, though I prefer people whom are close to me to call me "Mo" . It fits me more! No, I'm not a lazy cow that doesn't want to spell "moo," but it does sound cute coming from my loved ones. I drink coffee like it's water. I have an espresso machine on hand and make AMAZING lattes. They're so good that I'm considering opening up my own coffee shop later in life. I enjoy Starbucks every now and then, but the good old local shops always have the best beans. Any old coffee shop doesn't work for me though; it must fit this criteria:

  1. Adhere to seasonal decorations. Sure, maybe it's not fair to only represent Christmas...so don't eliminate the holiday joy! Add a few dradles, make the christmas tree a hannukah bush, and have a few other celebrations of religion around the store. But please, play some Christmas music :) Or play some Sufjan Stevens. Comfy. Relaxing. Hearty :)
  2. The crowd must be respectful. Now I know this cannot always apply, as new people come in and out of businesses every now and then. But please, recognize that there are many people trying to accomplish work. 
  3. The coffee, of course! As a true coffee addict, I know when those beans are burnt. 
  4. Location, location, location! Be creative with your real estate :) I like to see a homey environment-not some modern glass creation. Make me feel like I'm at grandma's drinking a lovely latte. 
I know, I'm so cynical and picky! I apologize readers, the few of you that I have, for I am a bit sarcastic. 

What my blog will withhold in the near future:
  • My dorm cooking extravaganza. I recently bought a griddle (that doubles as a panini maker) and a crock pot. I'm determined to make my own recipes, with funny names. 
  • A record of my Christmas break, home in Arizona for my friends here in Colorado
  • Hiking trails, winter weather mishaps, snowboarding trips, and pictures of the squirrels that steal my Luna bars while I'm reading on campus 
:) Can't wait to begin recording this life I'm blessed to have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment