Saturday, December 10, 2011

Latte Lovin'

How to make an amazing Iced White Mocha Latte:

What you'll need...
An espresso machine! They run for as low as $40 at Target. If you just start saving your money you spend on lattes outside of the house, you'll have $40 in no time!

-Have espresso, ground to your espresso machine's preference (I use a local coffee shop's imported espresso. It runs for about $13/lb but you can get a lb of sbux espresso at the grocery store for about $8)
-Have some 2% milk (or Soy milk...I use Vanilla Soy Dream)
-Torani White Chocolate Gourmet sauce
-Ice!

Get some hot water from your faucet (this will cause the espresso to brew faster)

While you are waiting, squirt the sauce into your glass (that can handle boiling hot liquid).
For a super sweet latte: About one and a half tablespoons
For a mildly sweet latte: One tablespoon
For a less-sweet latte: About a half a tablespoon
For a barely sweet latte: About a teaspoon

Please note the amount of flavor differs if you are using vanilla soy milk...I usually do a "barely sweet" amount of syrup for the vanilla soy milk. For regular soy milk, I do a less sweet latte for a putty sweet one because it still has a sweet taste to it. You'll just have to experiment :)

You're going to have to estimate what these look like^^ If you're not sure, try it out with water first to see what you'll be using. I have the perfect amount measured out to taste and I know exactly where it must hit for each cold cup I own.

After the espresso brews, quickly (but safely!) transfer it into your cup and swirl the espresso around. There is usually a line that measures the amount of shots, do two shots to start out with :) Sometimes I do less espresso, the sweeter I want it (but since I'm a coffee feign I usually do about 2.5 shots).

Then you have a latte worthy of $5 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment