Saturday, December 10, 2011

Midnight Snacks Mayhem

We all do it, but very few of us admit what we actually eat when we sneak into our kitchens at midnight. What do I normally eat? A sauté of some sort. Last night, instead of slugging to the kitchen (since I'm in Colorado and not home right now), I jumped down from my lofted bed to start cooking up the ingredients in my mini-fridge. Unfortunately, there wasn't much there. But this is what I found:

I had some quinoa from whole foods, this AMAZING freeze-dried basil I must have on hand all the time (I will even bring it to the dining hall), leftover pesto from the pesto Alfredo I made Thursday night as well as leftover parmesan cheese, and from the dining hall: kidney beans, broccoli and cherry tomatoes.

Used extra virgin olive oil, my griddle (I'm not supposed to have this but technically it's  approved because it transforms into a panini maker), and attempted to boil the quinoa in a small pot. That didn't work out so well...

But there was a seasoning packet containing cilantro. I wasn't sure if basil, pesto, and cilantro would go together.

I sautéed the veggies for about four minutes. After they were done I added the spices and cheese.


Pesto, Basil, and Cilantro definitely work out splendidly :) One of the best veggie dishes I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment